Commitment to our guests, our team and our community.
In the recent months, we have faced unprecedented changes and challenges as a result of the COVID-19 health situation. At Antara Cruises we stay true to our cause and our commitment to caring for each other, taking responsible actions to stop the spread of COVID-19, and protecting our people and all who choose to cruise with us. Importantly, it also means continuing to offer a comforting and enjoyable experience to our guests and a safe workplace for our team members.
Guided by local and international health experts, and in compliance with rules set by the local health authorities, we offer heightened standards for hygiene and cleanliness and following stringent health and safety protocols at all Antara Cruises through our program Antara Assure.
Through Antara Assure, we would like to personally ensure the well-being of every guest and team member, from the moment a reservation is confirmed till departure from the cruise.
New embarkation procedures to offer guests a safe start to their journey, including:
- Social distancing throughout embarkation
- Health forms to see early symptoms if any. Temperature checks and health declarations by passengers upon embarkation.
- Mandatory health screening, including touch-free temperature-check, for all guests and crew.
- Luggage disinfection prior to on boarding (with crew wearing gloves and masks)
Frequent Cleaning of Ships
- Deep disinfection of each suite between cruises, including
- Use of disinfectants and cleaning materials of Diversey
- Soft goods in each suite (mattress, sofa, window coverings, chairs, etc.) disinfected between cruises
Reducing risk with hands-free service, including:
- Self-serve stations, including buffets, drinks, specialty coffees and snacks have been replaced with crew service.
- All buffets meals replaced by a full range of set menu choices with table service.
- Frequent disinfection of all public areas.
- Adjusting ratio of guides and coaches for excursions, as required.
- Namaste, a touchless tradition to greet will be practiced.
Emergency Medical Arrangement
- If any of the health parameters for our guests or colleagues are abnormal, a medical examination and medical assistance is provided immediately.
- If a guest approaches with the symptoms of Cough & Cold, he is referred to the doctor and to be isolated from other guests on board.
- Doctor on call from dedicated hospitals at each stop.
New Age Disinfection
- Electrostatic disinfecting systems
- UV disinfecting systems
Frequent screening of Crew Health
Ensuring a healthy crew, including:
- Medical certificate required prior to start of the season.
- Daily temperature checks
- Social distancing among the crew.
- Regular health screenings.
- Deboarding the Crew feeling unwell.
More hand sanitizers around the ships
- Hand Sanitizers have been placed at all relevant locations throughout all the river ships.
- Required use of hand-sanitizing stations when leaving the ship, returning to the ship and entering dining venues as well as entering each public/common spaces.
We have also updated our reservation and cancellation policy to provide you with more flexibility and peace of mind when booking an Antara Cruise.
At Antara Cruises, we remain wholly filled with a love of travel. We are a community of travellers – people who are passionate about the world around us, in awe of its wonders, and continuously inspired to share their travel experiences with others. We invite you to continue to join us online and share your favourite travel stories and memories, as well as the people and places inspiring your future travels.
Thank you for your understanding and support during this challenging time; we look forward to welcoming you soon.